LaTeX Related Information
LaTeX Class Files and Packages
LaTeX Related Applications
Dr Nicola L.C. Talbot
The following applications are LaTeX related free software written by
me. Note that they come with no warranty. By downloading and using the
software you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the
Jpgfdraw is a vector graphics application written in Java.
You can use Jpgfdraw to:
- Construct shapes using lines, moves and cubic Bézier segments
- Edit shapes by changing the defining control points
- Incorporate text and bitmap images (for annotation and
- Extract the parameters for TeX's
\shapepar (defined in Donald Arseneau's shapepar package)
- Construct frames for use with the
(See poster example
- Pictures can be saved in Jpgfdraw's native
(ascii) file formats or exported as:
- pgfpicture environments for use in LaTeX documents
(with Till Tantau's pgf package)
- a LaTeX2e package based on the flowfram package.
- a PNG raster graphics image
- a scalable vector graphics (svg) image (as from version
0.18b of Jpgfdraw.)
- an encapsulated postscript file (as from version 0.32b)
- As from version 0.3b, users who are unable to or have difficulty
using a mouse, can now construct and edit images via the
keyboard. (See the
Home Page: http://www.dickimaw-books.com/apps/jpgfdraw/
Ltxtemplate is a Perl script to create LaTeX documents using a
specified class file. Useful if you find it tedious repeatedly typing
\documentclass etc, every time you create a new document.
Output can be customised.
Home Page: http://theoval.cmp.uea.ac.uk/~nlct/latex/apps/ltxtemplate/
Makedtx is a Perl script to help create dtx files. Also available
Home Page: http://theoval.cmp.uea.ac.uk/~nlct/latex/packages/makedtx/
Nicola L. C. Talbot.
School of Computing Sciences.
University of East Anglia.
Last Modified: 2008-08-17